Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Saturday!!

Wheeeee!! My first of four days off!!!! The weekend started off pretty good so far. Nate and I went out to dinner at Red Lobster last night. It was okay - it didn't really sit well with me. I think the shrimp was a little too greasy for me. Oh well, we still had fun. This morning was my doctor's appointment. Libby went with me. She was so good. Nate is out on his friend's boat today. His buddy called and made such a big deal about going out on the Mississippi this weekend and was talking about how Nate just HAD to go. He called the other day and said that they would be leaving for the river at 9:30am. That just so happened to be the time of my doctor's appointment. Nate really wanted to go, so that was fine. Sort of. I've been kind of emotional all week (well more than kind of) so this didn't sit all that well with me. So I called him at about 10:15 after we had gotten out of the doctor's office to give him an update on everything. I fully expected them to be well on their way and he told me that he was sitting around waiting for his buddy to get to his dad's house. WTH????? His buddy SO knew that Nate was missing out on the appointment today, told him what time they were leaving and he was, at that point, over 45 minutes LATE???? Yeah, I was a bit peeved when Nate told me that. I told him to give Pat a good kick in the pants for me. If I were there, I'd be tempted to do it myself, LOL!! That just is so aggravating to me. Oh well, what can I do about it now?

The doctor's appointment went really well. Last appointment I had gained a total of 6 pounds so far. Today I find I've lost 2. So now I'm up a total of 4 pounds. Crazy!! I told her I was surprised because I haven't necessarily been a very light eater lately. I have watching what I'm eating more, so that I don't overdo it on salt and carbs and sugar and stuff. I think a huge difference is that I've pretty much completely eliminated anything with high fructose corn syrup from my diet. Every now and then it sneaks in somewhere (seems to be in EVERYthing), but for the most part, I leave it alone. My blood pressure is still good. She said they'll probably hold off on the NSTs until I'm about 32 weeks. My blood pressure has been roughly 120/80 lately and was today too, so that's still pretty good. I'm not swelling at all and I had been with Libby at this point for some time now. They want me to take my glucose tolerance test sometime between September 5 and the 19th. I'm not overly excited about this considering I just barely failed the one hour with Libby. Hopefully I can manage to pass it the first time this time around!! The nice thing is that the lab in the hospital is open on Saturdays and they open at 6am, so I don't have to miss work and I can get it done nice and early!!!! Overall, things just seem to be going really good!! She's measuring good and her heartbeat sounded awesome too. Libby is really loving going to these doctor appointments with me. She absolutely loves to hear Claire's heartbeat!! She's so cute too. Everyone she sees, whether it be nurse or doctor, she says hi and wants to know their name. She knows why we're there too. The doctor today asked her why we were there and she told her that it's because Claire is in my tummy. Awwww. Then she had to show off her painted fingernails and she also had a talk with the doctor about her (Libby's) doctor who just so happens to be friends with this doctor. Too cute!! Such a social butterfly she is!!

After we got home we took the dogs down to Nate's mom and dad's and said hi to them and told them about the appointment. On our way out the gate, Libby found a stick and started pretending that it was a magic wand. We still had a little time before lunch at that point so I found a star template online and printed and cut it out for her. I took some sparkly pipe cleaner and wound it around the stick and glued the star on. Then after lunch when the glue had dried, we glued lots of colorful little pony beads on the star. It turned out so cute and she's so excited about her new and improved magic wand!! It's the little things!! :)



Not much else on the agenda for today. She's down for a nap now. I'm strongly considering taking one too. Nate won't be home till later this evening, so we're going to run out to Highland to pick up a Happy Meal for her. I told her if she was good at the doctor's office today that we might go get one. She was SO good, so I'll definitely take her to get one. It's always kind of a waste to get them because she doesn't really care anything about the food (which is a very good thing), it's just the excitement of getting a toy!! I told her we'd pick up a special snack too (not sure what quite yet) that we could have while we watched the new Little Mermaid movie. I love these low-key kind of days!!

Before I go, here's a page I did last night :)

2 comments:

._. said...

that is sucky! I'd be totally irked by that too.. blah!! Glad your appointment went well :) I'm betting since you're being SO careful that you'll do much better this time round with the glucose test :)

La

Monique said...

Beautiful wand and gorgeous layout. I love the bright colours and the sprinkle of glitter!