We ended up going shopping this evening. We had to go grocery shopping and we also stopped by Sam's. There are some thing there they have SUCH good deals on!! Clothes for one!! Libby got 2 dresses for less than $5 a piece and even Claire got her first new outfit!! I found it
here at Babycenter. Isn't it cute?? I can just picture her in it now!! I found a body pillow there too for $12 which is awesome considering the outer part is micro-suede or something like that. It's super soft. I can't wait to sleep tonight!! :) Then, we were getting ready to leave and we saw it. Well, I would have walked right by it, but apparently Nate had an idea that he wanted to get a new desk sometime. The one that I've been using is a tad bit small. It's a desk that my sister and I each had when we were little. You can hardly even scoot a chair in under it. So we saw this desk. At first I thought it was a little too modern, but it looks awesome!! We were actually kind of up in the air about getting it since we have Murphy's surgery to think about and preparing for Claire's arrival. His mom and dad said they'd buy it for him for his birthday. YAY!! His birthday isn't until November, but hey, it works. He was fine with that. This desk is HUGE. Our printer can even fit on it!!

It's got a glass top and a sort of drawer that pulls out. So now we know that Libby will get the other desk. It's painted white and it's so cute for a little girl!! We're taking the changing table/dresser combo out of her room to give to Claire, so we'll need something to take it's place. This couldn't be more perfect for her!! It will give her a place to color and all sorts of fun stuff. It has a hutch that goes on top, so I think we'll paint that too and that will give us more storage space.
We went and picked out a few paint samples tonight. We decided that we're going to do our room in blue. It's Nate's favorite color and I really do love it too so that will be pretty!! I love the color we chose too!! I'm not sure if I like how the colors look online - they look much better on samples but here they are:
Our room - we chose Sonata (3rd row down, second from left)

And for Claire's room (we chose Silly Old Bear, which on the real life sample, looks more like the Pooh Corner color right next to it only slightly darker)....

Our color is still subject to change...we'll see. A girl's entitled to change her mind!! ;)
Well, I'm getting a little bit sleepy so I should probably wrap things up. Maybe more tomorrow!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment