Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bringing back the blog

Yes, it's true. This blog has been neglected for over a year now!! Sheesh!! It hasn't really been a year since I've blogged. I had a Typepad blog for a few months, but I couldn't justify spending 9 bucks a month on something that I hardly updated!! So here I am. I figure now is as good a time as any to start updating again and revive this blog. A lot has happened since I last updated this blog. Two of the most important things being that Libby turned three and that she will become a big sister in December of this year!! I'll be 17 weeks on Thursday. I can hardly believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone so far!! We're almost halfway there!! Unbelievable!! I had a doctor's appointment today. This was the first time I brought Libby with me. She was so cute!! As soon as the doctor walked in she asked her her name. She's just so friendly!! She was so concerned that the doctor was going to hurt me. I had to keep reassuring her that that was not the case!! My blood pressure today was perfect!! 112/64. I think maybe I'm finally starting to relax. I figured it would be higher today since I had to keep telling Libby not to touch everything in the room!! LOL. She got to hear the heartbeat today too. I'm not quite sure she really understood what she was hearing, but I thought it was pretty awesome that she got to hear it!! The heartbeat today was 155, which is right about where it has been. I scheduled my 20 week ultrasound, so July 24 is the big day!! I can't wait to see what this little munchkin is!! I can't wait to know if it's a little Liam or Claire in there!! Oh yes. Names. For a boy it's William Garen. We'll call him Liam. William is Nate's middle name, his dad's name and my grandpa's name. Garen is my dad's first name. We're keeping it all in the family if it's a boy. For a girl, we've tossed around so many names. First it was Charlotte, but I couldn't handle calling her Charlie which is what Nate and his mom were really excited about. Then we tossed around Abbey, but Nate was never 100% sold on that name. The more I thought about it the more I didn't like Libby and Abbey together...almost seemed kinda gimmicky to me. Claire was a name that we considered for the middle name of several name choices. Then we thought, if we like it so much as a middle name, why not make it her first name? So Claire it is. Her middle name will be Suzanne. Claire Suzanne. So pretty!! Can't wait to find out!!!

I've been feeling good lately. The only thing that seems to give me problems is dairy. Yuck. I made myself some eggs and toast this morning and thought I'd have some yogurt with it. I couldn't handle it. The first bite I took, I gagged. Then I thought I would wash it down with my water....took 2 more bites and the smell was just too much. Yesterday the milk on my cereal made me feel awful too. *sigh* Good thing for calcium supplements!! My favorite thing to drink right now is lemonade. I don't really have a favorite food right now. I fill up pretty quickly and heartburn is doing a number on me. I did make cupcakes this past weekend. YUM!! Nothing like cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting!! I think I might just go get one right now!!

This week is going to be a short one for us. We get out early on Thursday and have Friday off for the fourth. Thursday night we're going to watch fireworks. We're all so excited about that!! We had so much fun last year!! Other than that, nothing really going on this weekend. Just hanging out together and having a nice relaxing weekend!! Well, I'm wrapping this up for now. I'm going to try to scrap and hopefully edit some photos!!

0 comments: