Last night Nate and I grabbed a bite to eat and did some Christmas shopping. I tell you what - in previous years we have gotten Libby something really big for Christmas and this year, since she has SO much stuff already, we decided not to. We had SO much fun shopping for her this year and I think it has to do a lot with her age now!! First we went to Kohls. Nate needed a new pair of dress shoes for work and while he was looking there I was going to head over to try to find Christmas jammies for the girls. I can't find what we got for Claire on their website, but they are adorable!! For Christmas I got her a white sleeper with red trim with Santa, a snowman and I think a reindeer going across the chest and it says Baby's 1st Christmas. Too cute!! Then we got her a little onesie that is aqua with a cute little penguin on it with all sorts of sparkly sweets around it - it's SO adorable!! I think that might be her coming home outfit. We'll see. I can't wait to hold that warm little bundle of sweetness!! Oh and here's a quick picture I snapped of the two outfits since I couldn't find them online.

As far as Libby goes we found these jammies for her for Christmas:
They're silky jammies and SO cute!! She doesn't know about them yet - she wouldn't be able to wait to wear them if she knew about them. She has been wanting a bathrobe, especially since Nate and I each have one. Well while we were looking for the jammies last night we saw this and knew we HAD to get it for her!!
We gave it to her last night and you would not believe how excited a little girl could be over a bathrobe!! She wanted to sleep in it last night but we had to talk her out of that!! She got up just now and the first thing we did was put on her bathrobe. It's cute because the little princess patch on it lights up everytime she moves. I'll have to take a picture of her later!!After we went to Kohls, our next stop was Toys R Us. We got Claire her bouncer while we were there. This is the one we got her. It's so cute!! Then we got Calista and Dalton done...we didn't go overboard this year on anyone...and that was really nice. Calista has everything you could possibly imagine - for an 8 year old she is SO hard to shop for. We figured no one would be getting her any games so we got her Spongebob Monopoly. I think she'll really like that. Then we got Dalton these Melissa and Doug stackable construction vehicles.
Here are a few things that we got for Libster:


And finally we got her her own digital camera. She has a pretend camera that she absolutely adores!! She tries to take pictures like I do when she plays with it. She's always telling me that she's going to take it to school with her to take pictures of her friends. So we were just browsing them last night and found a pretty sweet deal on this little camera. It was on sale for $33!! It's cute, durable and comes with software too. I think she'll have lots of fun with this!!
We got her a couple of other small things and we're pretty much done. Like I said, she's got so much stuff already, she didn't need a bunch of other gimmicky type toys. We looked at Barbies and dolls and stuff like that, but she's got that kind of stuff and we thought it would be more fun to pick out stuff that we really thought she would like. I think we did pretty good!! The only other thing we're getting is the Build-a-Bear that we're doing for she and Claire tomorrow. It feels so good to be nearly done with her!! There might be a couple of other things that we get, but we'll see!!Today not much is on the agenda. Thank goodness!! We're off to the doctor at 10:30 and as long as I'm not seeing the doctor from last week I'm okay!! LOL!! It's supposed to be cold and rainy/snowy today so it's a good day to stay inside. Nate and Mike are going to go on a tour of the Schlafly brewery in St. Louis today for the beer blog that Mike writes for. Nate's pretty stoked about that!! Then we're settling in for a nice cozy evening of Scrabble (yes, we love playing Scrabble together, we're nerds!!) and renting a movie. We were thinking about renting Get Smart. Tomorrow we're just hanging out and getting stuff done around the house. Tomorrow afternoon we're heading to Build-a-Bear and doing Nate's birthday dinner with just the three of us. He and I were going to go last night but we just wanted to grab a quick bite and thought it would be fun to include Libby in the birthday dinner!! :) That's about it for now. I think I'm going to make myself a couple of eggs for breakfast and then grab a shower before the doctor's appointment.
Happy Saturday!!

1 comments:
OMG I saw that camera the other day on the Crayola website and thought that would be so cute for Libby! Great minds think alike:)
We saw Get Smart last weekend. I wasn't too excited about seeing it, but it actually turned out to be funny. You guys will like it!
We got lots of baby shopping done this weekend, although not much Christmas shopping! We found something for Libby, but that's it so far. We ended up getting a bedding set, blanket, diaper bag, mattress pad, mobile, shelf thing, changing table organizer, a few outfits, baby monitor, and I think that's it. Sounds like a lot but we really didn't spend much at all. We found some great deals, especially on clothes at Old Navy:) I'll send pics later!
Post a Comment