Saturday, November 22, 2008

Could be any day now....

....It is amazing how anxious I am feeling right now!! Nate and I went to my doctor's appointment today and they ended up checking me (they said last week that I would be 38 weeks when they first checked me). Before the doctor came in, I made my prediction that I was only dilated 1 centimeter. She came in, my blood pressure was high. I knew it would be - it has been getting higher. I wasn't worried about it. She then checked Claire's heartbeat (150s - although it was right in the middle of a contraction so that's why it was that high). Then she checked me. I was absolutely shocked when she told me that I'm 3-4 centimeters dilated and 90% effaced. She said that because of the blood pressure they wouldn't let me go past 39 weeks. Awesome. So December 4th is the latest she will be here. Chances are likely that she will be a November baby. I can't even believe it. She also wrote a note that she wants me to stop working now. That's alright by me, especially now that I know how much progress I've made thus far. I would hate to go to work and be that close to going into labor and be 45 minutes away from the hospital!! She said once I reach 4-5 centimeters it would be considered active labor. Just pure craziness I tell ya!! Tonight we're going out to eat and then heading to Walmart to pick up formula, a bottle warmer (yep, Carrie, we thought about it and decided we're going to get one this time), some newborn diapers since the size 1s that we bought will likely be too big for her. We also need a bottle drying rack and baby wash and a couple of other things. Yikes!! I'm washing up the last of everything now and am getting the clothes together that I want to take to the hospital. That way I'm ready. It is so helpful to have my mother in law working in town. That way if I happen to go into labor while Nate is at work, she's right there and can take me. Nate will be taking Libby to daycare this week (except Thursday and Friday) so that will be good that she's there just in case. It's crazy how close it all seems now!! I know the original due date was only less than 3 weeks away, but this feels SO close!! Still no timeable contractions, so that's a good sign. I've just been taking it easy (as much as I can) and I'm hoping that I can keep her in there just a little bit longer.

Here's a page I finished this afternoon. I used Robin's new kit, Whoa!! SO much fun!!


And here are a few pictures I took of Libby earlier - gosh I love this girl SO much!!


That's all for now. I'm looking forward to just hanging out with Nate later this evening and relaxing and hopefully getting a full night of sleep!!

0 comments: