Saturday, November 8, 2008

I promise...

....that I will have a better post sometime this weekend. I just wanted to get it out there that I will NOT be posting about my doctor's appointment today. The doctor that originally said that I have high blood pressure is who I saw today and all I can say is I will do everything in my power to not see her again this pregnancy. She upset me. She upset Nate. Everything with Claire is going beautifully. She's looking to be about 5lbs 8oz right now, which puts her right on target for being a beautiful, healthy 8lb baby girl at full term. Obviously 5.5 pounds is an estimate since it's an ultrasound, but it's good!! Today the "bad" doctor talked about how she was worried that my blood pressure would make her a small baby and that the high blood sugar problems would make her a big baby. Okay. Which one is it? The only time I've had high blood pressure problems in this pregnancy is when I've seen her and the very first appointment when I saw the guy OB and I had never been to a male OBGYN so I was waaaay nervous. That's it. It's been pretty much perfect ever since. Claire is measuring exactly where she should be. I have had no protein in my urine and no sugar either. Another doctor there said she would be able to tell that there were blood sugar problems if sugar started spilling into my urine. I'm almost 35.5 weeks and that has yet to happen. She made me feel bad about not checking my blood sugar levels. No other doctor there has been concerned about it or given me crap about it. You know what she did? She threatened to possibly start me on insulin if she thought the baby was getting too big. That pisses me off to no end. She's all about making sure Claire is the perfect size. She needs to step back and stop trying to be some hero doctor who tries to keep every mother/baby in this perfect little mold. I won't go into all the details. I've already fibbed because I said I wouldn't talk about the appointment and here I am still talking about it, LOL!! I told her today that I would do 1 NST a week if she thought it was medically necessary. We discussed the cost with her and told her that every single time I had an NST, Claire was completely fine (the nurses were always impressed with her heartrate and everything) and so was my blood pressure. We'll see. I see a different doctor next week and I'm happy about that. *sigh* If this doctor really wants to be a good doctor, then she needs to back off and stop trying to use scare tactics. She's not helping anyone but herself (and the doctor's office make money) by using these stupid scare tactics. I'm not an idiot and I won't be bullied around. Especially when there are 3 other doctors in the office who aren't throwing a big hissy fit about everything like she is. Okay, so there you have it. A post about my doctor's appointment. I sure know how to stay true to my word!! I'll post later to cover up this yucky post!! ;) I have some awesome news on the digi-scrapping front!! Yay me!!

Okay that's enough for this entry. I need to let go of being upset about this appointment. I have Nate's full support as well as the support of my family. I have just over 4.5 weeks left in this pregnancy. I will not let some doctor who likes to overdo it on the intervention stress me out and ruin this experience. This is in God's hands and He will give Nate and I the strength and knowledge that we need to make our own decisions.

0 comments: