I seriously love weekends. I honestly think Claire does too!! She's been SO active today - I think she must be able to sense my elation of being at home!! LOL!! I had a doctor's appointment today. I was dreading it because I was afraid of the whole confrontation that might arise because of me not going to my NSTs anymore. What? I didn't post about that yet?? Oh brother - I'm behind!! Long story short - I've gone to a total of 5 NSTs so far...Tuesday comes and I get a second statement from our insurance company saying that the second NST I had was $357. I thought the first statement I got that said that was for all of the NSTs (silly Laurie, nothing is that cheap in healthcare!!!). So our insurance is NOT the best and we end up paying for 20% of everything after our deductible is met (which after being pregnant, doesn't take long at all). So in essence, each NST is costing me $71.40. If I were to go 14 more times (like they think I should), that's an extra $999.60 out of our pocket (on top of the $357 we're already having to pay them). It's more expensive to have those stupid NSTs that it will be to actually have Claire!! Isn't that insane? The most insane part?? The reason that I'm supposed to be having them!! High blood pressure. Every single time I go in there I typically get readings of 115/73 (on average) sometimes a little higher, sometimes lower. How is that high? The nurses are always impressed with Claire and her movements and heartbeat and reaction to things...it's a waste of both time and money. Okay - back to today. I went in being pretty nervous. I didn't want to get lectured or anything like that. We walk in, I go in right away to give my urine sample (no sugar still - I half think they're expecting it)...then a minute later they call me back and Nate, Libby and I go back to the room. First they weighed me. I actually GAINED a pound these past 2 weeks!! How sad that I was excited about that?!?! So the offical tally is up 2 pounds!! Then she came and took my my blood pressure. I almost fell off the chair when she told me what it was....110/70. Yep. So proud!! The doctor came in said to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing to keep my pressure down. (I think it has a lot to do with not going to the hospital twice a week for NSTs and eating more of what I want). The more relaxed I am, the better things seem to be. Obviously I didn't say anything about the NSTs. She didn't either. I figure if that's 2 appointments where neither doctor is saying anything, why should I? It's obviously not a big deal to them, so why should it be for me? I go back in 2 weeks and this time I'm seeing the doctor that started it all - the doctor that suggested I do the NSTs twice a week in the first place. Grrrr. Knowing her, she'll probably say something. Oh well, as long as things are still looking good, she can't say much. All she has to do is look at my numbers from today and from the NSTs that I did go to. Anyway. No need to worry so much about things I can't control right now - the important thing is that Claire will be here in less than 7 weeks!!
Not too much else going on here today. We got our dishwasher this week. I am so excited to get that baby installed. Nate and his dad are probably going to be working on it tomorrow!! YAY!! We also got the paint for Claire's room and we've been steadily working on getting the house in shape for her arrival. Seems like there is still so much to do!!
Tonight after dinner, the three of us are going to make and decorate Halloween cupcakes. I am so excited!! We decorated cupcakes with Libby last year when my dad and sister came down to see us. I thought that would be a fun tradition. This year it's more Halloween themed than it was last year. Libby is SO excited!! She thinks we need to have a party now!!
I did manage to scrap a few pages this past week:





Well that's about all I have for now. Happy weekend!!
xoxo
1 comments:
I'm so glad your appointment went well! I know you're relieved it's over with. Have fun decorating cupcakes:)
Post a Comment