Sunday, October 19, 2008

We've got quite the....

....sensitive girl on our hands!! I don't know if it's just more of her amazing little personality emerging or if it's because she senses very big changes coming soon, but Libby has been so unbelievably sensitive lately!! She's also extremely attached to both Nate and myself right now - more so than usual. The thought of her being separated from us upsets her tremendously. Last weekend at Long Lake, Nate was going with Calista and Libby (and the other kids) on their second hayride. I was going to go, but it looked awfully crowded already and I figured it wouldn't be a big deal if I missed out. Wrong. To Libby it was a very big deal. As soon as she noticed that I was walking away, she cried and cried and wanted me. She wasn't going to go if I wasn't going. So on a hayride we went!! Then on our anniversary she spent the night at Nate's mom and dad's house. We got back earlier than we had planned and I HAD to stop in and give her hugs and kisses. I couldn't stand knowing that she was still awake over there and not giving her some love. When I told her that we were leaving to go home, she wanted to go too. She was actually disappointed when I told her she was staying. I felt so bad. She ended up having lots of fun and was excited again about sleeping in Gram's bed. Then yesterday we went pumpkin picking. Nate's mom and dad went along but had to drive separately since we were headed out to my mom's afterwards. Libby always wants to ride with them wherever. She didn't want to - she wanted to ride with mommy and daddy. And before we left, we stopped back over at our house to get the car and my purse - she was so insistent that she come too. I guess she's finally going through a bit of separation anxiety. Poor girl. Today at church she had another episode. I didn't go because sitting in those stiff wooden pews is SO unbelievably uncomfortable right now. Nate took Libby down to children's church and she wasn't too keen on him going, but he said she seemed okay. Well he was sitting back upstairs and all of a sudden he heard crying - he realized that it was Libby (in the basement) crying and she was inconsolable. Talk about heartbreaking. :( She's such a little sweetheart, it makes me so sad when she gets sad or upset. She's also on a kick right now where she HAS to go through a list of things to say when she's saying goodbye. She makes sure she always says:

I love you
Be careful
Don't cry
Have fun
Have a good day.

And she will say those things 2 and 3 times a piece just to make sure you know that she's thinking about you and wishing these things for you. Seriously, I wonder how we got to be so blessed with such an amazing little girl. Her sweetness and big caring heart are such a gift!!

She's also very excited about her new sister. She and I went to Target yesterday to grab a few things and when we walked by the baby stuff, she was rattling through all of the things that we need to get for baby Claire. The most important of those things was baby wipes so we could wipe Claire when she poops!! LOL!! I told her that we need to get Claire a bouncer too, so Libby picked out the one that she wants to get her:



I think it's adorable too and I think Libby would really love it if she got to pick it out. :)

When we went pumpkin picking yesterday I quickly found that Libby had an agenda when it came to picking pumpkins. She wasn't there to pick one out for herself. She was there to get one for her sister. Bless her little heart!! She looked and found what she thought was the perfect pumpkin for her sister!! I promised her we would take lots of pictures so that we could show Claire her first pumpkin someday. Here's what she came up with:


And here's the pumpkin that Daddy found:


And here's how Libby decided she wanted Claire's pumpkin to look:


And here is my absolute favorite shot from yesterday :)


So that's about it for this weekend. Nate and I had a wonderful time on Friday night. We went to Pasta House and it was delish!! Can't wait to go again!! It was so nice having an evening where it was just the two of us and we could do things at our own pace. It was so nice not having to worry about getting home at a certain time or anything like that. Oh and you know how I scrapped a page for him? Yeah, that was our thing this year - to make eachother a "card". I printed off that layout for him and he absolutely loved it!! Well he dug into my paper scrap stash (which is hardly ever touched anymore) and this is what he came up with for me. Had me crying like a baby!! He was self-conscious about it, but he had no reason to be - I couldn't have loved anything more!!


I haven't done all that much scrapping this weekend, so here are just a few pages to show you!!


And that about wraps it up. *sigh* Another weekend almost over. They go entirely too quickly, that's for sure!!

Later dudes!!

xoxo

1 comments:

Carrie said...

OMG Libby is such a sweetheart! I just want to hug her:( It looks like you had fun pumpkin-picking! Amazing how grown up she is compared to our trip last year! She's such a big girl:)
Glad you had a good anniversary! Nate's card is so good! He should take up scrapping;)