So I ended up taking the month of December off - both from blogging and scrapping. It was a crazy month. Aside from getting used to having a newborn in the house again, we had to deal with a sick newborn for a good part of the month. Libby didn't go to daycare all that much, but somehow in the short time she was there, she managed to get RSV. RSV and newborn babies less than 3 weeks old is a pretty scary thing. She ended up being admitted to the hospital for observation and then again for treatment (breathing treatments). All in all, she was there for about 3 days. What a long 3 days that was. Spending the night in the hospital is never fun, but it's especially not fun when your child is the reason you're there. With God watching over her, Claire made a wonderful recovery. She's healthy and thriving and we couldn't be more blessed. December also brought my dad visiting from Omaha. It just happened to be the exact week that Claire was diagnosed with RSV. It was a hectic time, but I was so happy that he got to come see Nate and I and most importantly, his 2 beautiful granddaughters. December also meant Christmas. What a special time that was. Libby really got into the Christmas spirit and excitement this year. Talk about fun!! It was so special this year to have our most precious Claire with us!!
So now it's a new year and lots of new and amazing things await us. What is so exciting to me right now is that tomorrow when I go back to work from maternity leave, I get to give my 2 week notice. Yes, I am blessed enough to get to be a stay a home mommy!! Nothing is more exciting than the thought of being able to stay home and mother my 2 babies. I have lots of other things planned that I would like to accomplish this year. I am hitting the Project 365 with full force this year and also 365 Days of Claire which is well underway. I am so motivated to keep better track of my family's memories and to be able to look back and see exactly what we were doing at any given time during the year. This blog is also something that I want to maintain on a very regular basis. So now it's time for me to go eat dinner and get Claire fed. I'll be back soon!!
Happy New Year!!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Love your new layout! And glad to see you're back to blogging:)
Post a Comment