Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Two to go!!!

Two more days to go!! I'm just so excited!! Nate and I are going out to dinner on Friday night to celebrate!! It's really strange to think that I won't be waking up at 5am everyday to get ready for work. I won't have to work any more weekends. I won't have to worry about traffic. I won't have to worry about driving in bad weather. I won't have to wake up on Sundays and completely dread Monday. With the good comes the bad though. It's definitely going to take some getting used to the fact that Nate and I won't be carpooling to work anymore. We won't be able to see eachother throughout the day like we do now. It's kind of bittersweet that the place that we met, the place that started our story is over for me. That's okay though. Being at home with our babies is better than anything and a decision that I would never in a million years regret. We can still talk and email during the day and I'm thankful for that. I know most couples don't have as much exposure throughout the day as we do, so it's something that we'll just have to get used to too. People have always asked us how we can stand to drive in to work together, see eachother at work and drive home together and not get sick of eachother. We've always wondered how we could possibly get sick of eachother. We think that we've been pretty lucky these past seven and a half years to have had the chance to spend so much time together. Even during the morning commute when we're not all that talkative it's still comforting just to be together. I will definitely miss my time with him.

I can't help but feel like this is the start of a new year to me. It's a fresh start for me and I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to be able to have a routine that the girls and I can get into. It's so difficult when you're working full time and parenting to keep up with the household duties like you should. It's hard to keep up with laundry and it's very easy for the house to get messy and unkempt. I can't wait to be able to clean whenever I want and not have to spend so much time on the weekends cleaning the entire house. The weekends will be the time that we get to spend just relaxing with Nate. I think of all of the fun things that I can do with the girls when it gets nice. I am just so thankful that I get this opportunity to spend so much time with my babies. What an awesome gift!! I definitely am blessed!!

Last night was the season premiere of American Idol and I have to say that I don't think that I'll be all that into it this year. I'll give it a chance, I suppose. There are just some years where I'm not all that into it. The year that Jordin Sparks won, I wasn't into it at all. Loved it last year because I just loved David Cook. This year I guess we'll see. I wish I would have watched the Biggest Loser last night. That would have been better. I didn't get to Tivo it either because one of the satellites isn't working properly…we're getting this message saying that it's searching for signal on Satellite 2. Whatever that means.

Tonight Libby and I are making puppy chow. We made some for New Years Eve and she loved it so now she wants to make it again. I do want to make it, but I always end up eating most of it by myself. Those eleven pounds that I am below my pre-pregnancy weight are going to sneak on back up if I don't watch it!!

I got some cute videos of the girls last night. I was filming Claire being cute and smiley and cooing and Libby came in the room. I asked her to sing a song. She wanted to know which song, so I asked her to sing her favorite. She proceeded to make up a song called "The love of the Claire". It was entirely too adorable and Nate and I had it stuck in our heads the rest of the night. I'll have to upload the video to You Tube later!! It's too cute to miss!!

Well I don't have much else to say. I just wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on how I'm feeling right now since this is such an emotional, life changing, exciting time for me.

0 comments: