Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!

Sometimes it still feels a little unreal that I get to celebrate Mother's day. This will be my 3rd Mother's day and I feel so happy when people wish me a happy day. It's because of my sweet Libby that I get to be a part of this special day. I feel so very blessed to be the mommy of such a beautiful, sweet, intelligent little girl. I was reading about an accident that happened in Orange County, CA last week. A family was in their minivan when a tractor trailer rammed into the back of their van. The 3 children ages 2, 4 and 5 were killed. I bawled my eyes out reading that story and I still cry when I think about it. In an instant those parents lost their 3 beautiful babies. It's so terrifying how fragile life is, especially when you have children. I know I hugged Libby a little tighter and held her a little longer tonight when I put her to bed. Her little personality is just blossoming so much. She's sweet and loving...she has become very affectionate and I love that!! I mean she's always been that way, but she's at the age where she makes the decision to be affectionate. She decides that she wants to give hugs and kisses. If I'm laying on the floor in the living room playing with her, she'll come over and lay down right next to me, and press her forehead to mine and say "awwwww", touch my face and hair and just look at me and smile. Talk about melting my heart!! I want to always remember these moments - they're just so special and are really what life is all about.

This entry has to be short because it's nearly midnight and I'm ready to hit the hay. I went to the Brad Paisley concert on Thursday night and we didn't get home till 1 a.m. I'm still trying to catch up on the sleep I missed!! What an awesome concert that was though!! I will definitely be going the next time he comes to town!! :)

And lastly, here's a sweet picture of Libby checking out her sweet cousin, Dalton! I can't wait to see him again!! He's SUCH a sweet baby!! I have a couple of other pictures of Libby snuggling up to him, but those will be scrapped soon, so they can wait!! :) Night all!! Happy Mother's day to all the mommies and all those who want to be mommies and are trying to be mommies. I hope your day comes for you soon!!


0 comments: