Saturday, August 16, 2008

New layouts and a new 'do!!

Happy weekend!!! I'm so happy the weekend is finally here. What a LONG stinking week it was!! Let's see...I am now 23 weeks pregnant with Claire!! YAY!! She's getting so much bigger - I can feel and TELL by my lovely stretchmarks!! She's SO active too. Always jumping around and kicking and rolling. It's wonderful. Here's what Babycenter says about what's going on with her right now:

How your baby's growing:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

So yesterday at work it was 11:00 and I was already pretty much done with everything that I could possibly do for the day. Yeah. FIVE whole hours of nothing to do. I don't do well just sitting and doing nothing (especially at work) so I decided to take a half day and go get my haircut!! I LOVE it!!! It's like my first ever real hairstyle!! I've always had longish hair or layers or shorter layers, and for me I never really considered that a hairstyle. For the past several months (who am I kidding..YEARS) if I got tired of my frizzy, semi-wavy hair I just pulled it back. What's the point of having longer hair if all I'm doing is pulling it back. So I went and told her that I wanted to look cute. She suggested a stacked bob and I didn't know what she was talking about, lol. So she said it would be really easy to fix in the morning. I said 'Okay!!'. Here's how it turned out....






So I think a new scrapbooking page about my new hair is in order!!

I did a few layouts this week too!! (click to see credits)





and this one:



Well that's it for today. Nate's studying right now. Libby and I just finished making rock pets (more on that later). This afternoon is Katie's graduation party, so that will be fun :)

Later alligators!!

0 comments: