Saturday, November 8, 2008

So Happy Saturday!!!!

Yes, I am finally getting over my irritation from earlier. I'm trying not to think about it and wouldn't ya know, that helps!! LOL!! Today was actually a really good day!! It started off EARLY, that's for sure!! At 5am this morning I hear Libby saying that she wants her other baby doll. I believe it's Claire #2. She's so funny. All of her babies have been renamed Claire. It's easy to keep track of everyone, so that's good!! Anywho, she kept saying it over and over and finally I got up, went to her room and handed her the baby she wanted. Then I told her it was still too early to be up and that she should go back to sleep. I left the room, crawled back into bed, only to hear her start talking to the baby. *sigh* By this time I was up. Once I'm up, I'm pretty much up. So I went out to the living room to wake myself up a little more and sure enough at 5:30 she was ready to go!! She actually spent most of the day at Nate's mom and dad's house since they were babysitting Calista and Dalton. She came home for a nap and then she was off to play again. She and Calista had so much fun together today, so that's okay!! It actually allowed Nate and I some naptime and me some scraptime too!! Speaking of scraptime. Last weekend was DSD (Digital Scrapbooking Day) and it was FUN!! I did lots of fun challenges and bought lots of new goodies. I got some amazing deals. I've had SO much Kasia stuff on my list, I couldn't resist picking up some awesome deals from her!! Her designs are so amazing and SO inspiring!! One of the most fun challenges I did last weekend was a build your own sundae challenge. Bree Clarkson at Sweet Shoppe Designs hosted this challenge. She's an AMAZING template designer, so I knew this would be fun. Basically you chose which flavor "ice cream" you wanted. Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. This determined which template was sent to you - there were three of them. Then you chose one, two or three scoops of ice cream. This determined how many photos were on your page. Then there was a huge list of toppings that you could choose from that determined what kinds of elements you use on your page. The toppings I chose ended up being flowers, bling (glitter, sequins, etc), tags and word art. It's hard only using 4 kinds of embellishments, but I was SO extremely happy with how this page turned out!!

I used SO many flowers, lol!! I love it though!! Well it turns out that I was one of four people chosen as winners of this challenge!! You know what that means? The four of us were chosen as full time members for Bree's creative team!! I am SO excited about that!! I can't wait to get started creating for her!! Speaking of Bree, There was another challenge on her blog that weekend. This is the layout I came up with using the template for this month's challenge:


I used Dani Mogstad's Holiday Spirit kit for this layout!! What a gorgeous kit too!!

I did a couple of SSD CT pages this past week. First I did this page using Zoe's new (last week new) gorgeous kit, Persimmon!! What a FAB kit this is!!


Next up is one using Libby's new kit from last week, Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins. I couldn't stop giggling when she showed us the preview last week. I LOVE the movie Elf and I can't wait to watch it this year!! That was one of my favorite parts of the movie - when he called himself a cotton headed ninny muggins!! LOL!!


Finally I did a page using one of Christy's new kits. She came out with 2 new kits inspired by High School Musical. Here's my page using Sweetheart:


I did another blog challenge - this time for Traci Reed's creative team. They posted a template based on an awesome layout and here is my take on the template!!


Then here are a couple of other pages I did using some Kasia goodness!! :)


And finally, as if it wasn't exciting enough to be asked to be on Bree's creative team, I got an invitation from the wonderfully talented and uber sweet Jaime Young asking me to be on her CT. She's so creative and talented and she recently expanded her creativity horizon by starting to design!! She's awesome!! Naturally, I accepted her invitation and here are 2 pages I've scrapped with her goodies so far!! :)


Well, not a whole lot else going on here. We've just finished up some yummy hot chocolate and animal crackers and are winding down for the night. Also, if you're the praying kind, please keep my sister and brother in law in your prayers. After running into a roadblock in their adoption process, they've just discovered that they'll be the proud adoptive parents of a new baby in February. God is truly amazing and the miracles that He works are truly extraordinary. I'll let my sister post about the whole thing and then post the link to her blog from here!! I'm so excited and proud!! I love you, Carrie!!

Well, that's all for now!! Nighty night!!

xoxo

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks Laurie:)